Saturday, January 01, 2005

Films and such

I saw 'Napolean Dynamite' the other day and I didn't like it all that much. The part where Rico throws the steak at Napolean's face was funny, and there were other moments that made me laugh a little, but it didn't live up to the hype. The tone of the movie seemed a weird mix of a Wes Anderson movie with a dash of 'Donnie Darko', just not as good as either of them. I couldn't get into the forced nature of the jokes. It seemed to be saying 'here's a guy you should laugh at if he dances, so laugh' and it didn't work for me. I thought Pedro was great. Rico was good too. The Grandmother should've been used more. The story went nowhere. And the wedding that they added at the end of the credits after the movie had become a cult hit had no laughs in it. The character Kip was bothersome. He was funnier as the dorky, lispy older brother. When he changed his style for his internet girlfriend, it was just a cheap 'dorky white guy in hip hop clothes' laugh which is too lame and overdone. On top of it all, the opening credits run way too long, and that's a bad way to start a film. I'd give it 2 of 5 Llamas. Friggin' idiot.

On the other hand, 'Anchorman' is hillarious. If you haven't given it a try, I reccomend it highly. It's an excellent "Tardcomedy."

Other movies I'd reccomend currently:
Miracle
Unbreakable(M.Night's best)
The Incredibles
American Graffiti
Bullets Over Broadway

A TV show I have to reccomend is 'Lost'. Here's a good description of it:
"This baby’s got everything: sci-fi, comedy, adventure, romance, high drama, suspense, violence, mysterious monsters, big twists and great characters."

I dig it, watch it.

Thank you, come again.













1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ruining my life... GAAWD! -N.D.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home