Saturday, February 19, 2005

I'm hungry and pissed

I come home from a hard night of work and was looking forward to some pizza. Low and behold, these chump LA pizza joints all close up shop at 1AM! What happened to the days of at least 2AM, sometimes 3am!! Are they serious? This is 'one of the greatest cities in the world' and you can't get pizza delivered to your home after 1AM on a Friday?! They also start kicking you out of bars at 1:15AM since liquor sales stop at 2AM. Disgusting.

Besides that, I'm ok. It looks like 'Scrubs' has an anonymous fan. This is another critically acclaimed show that I have never watched. A possible hurdle for me to start watching the show is that Zacharia Braph(ff?) is on that show and, as stated before, 'Garden State' and he, rubbed me the wrong way. Roger Ebert thinks Braffy is a quality film-maker, but Ebert also said this about 'Gigli':

"Affleck and Lopez create lovely characters, even if they're not the ones they're allegedly playing, and the supporting performances and a lot of the dialogue is wonderful"

I found this quote in one of Ebert's movie guides and it spoke volumes to the notion that movie reviewers might get paid to talk well of a film regardless of reality.

Pitchers and catchers have reported to spring training and this is wonderful news to me. Pedromania is sweeping through Port St. Lucie which will surely excite any and all Mets fans. The guy is throwing full throttle from a mound, this is a good sign. They just need to give him the first two months of the season off and he'll be good to go.

I kid, Pedro Martinez never ate my dog, and for some reason I smile when I think about that first beanball thrown at A-Rod...oh yes...

With Wrestlemania fast approaching, I find myself watching some of my favorite matches of WM's past. Rock/Austin from WM17 is a great match, and that entire WM is pretty entertaining when compared to most of the second decade of WM's. From 11-20, I'd say the ones that stick out are 14, 17, 18, and 20. All of them involve Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, and Sean Michaels in high profile matches...Triple H as well, but I bet in 20 years time no-one will be talking about HHH/Jericho like they talk about Michaels/Austin or Rock/Hogan.

I am currently skipping back and forth between two CD's as I drive around, they are:
William Shatner - Has Been
Stone Temple Pilots - Tiny Music...Songs From the Vatican Gift Shop

Farewell folks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a perfectly good cat to eat. Haven't you ever watched the Three Stooges when they are restauranteurs and they are serving two men who obviously can't see into the kitchen and when the window falls on the cat's tail they mistakenly think they are chopping up the cat to serve as foodstuffs? And Garden State was a good picture...

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, and I rented the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Survivor Series from 112 Video on Thurdsay. I've watched the first two, and I must say- that's the kissin' I've been missin'. Boy I hate wrestling now! Oh yeah, and Maroon 5 over Kanye West for Best New Artist. Is there any way you can, being based in Los Angeles, go to Grammy Headquarters and slam the head of each person who voted for Maroon 5 into a table and make them repeatedly listen to songs about knocking on windows and doors? End of rant.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Kupad said...

Don't be too harsh on that mongrel collection of suburbs you call a city. Here in Brooklyn, where I'd argue you can get a better slice than anywhere else in New York it can be hard to find a pie later than 11, where Manhattan always keeps a Ray's of some sort open for the drunks looking for eggplant parm on their pizza. And there aren't many Domino's open like in Syracuse where you can always rely on a bananna pepper and pepperoni pizza for a late night high.

Shatner's Has Been is great. BTW, I just watched a movie called the Intruder which was produced by Roger Corman, starred Shatner, and was written by Charles Beaumont (who has written such Twilight Zone episodes as 'The Howling Man'). It's one of Corman's rare attempts at a serious movie, and while it isn't fantastic I'd recommend seeing it. Watching Shatner give a KKK hate speech convincingly makes the movie worth seeing alone. I still haven't seen the Corman/Shatner collaboration Big Bad Mama yet though.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home