Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Hard Rains a Gonna Fall Means Something's Gonna Happen

That's what Bobby D has to say anyway. I've been listenting to him a lot again as I started reading 'Chronicles' the other day. It's good so far, I'll let you know how it ends up.

The other day I had about 3 blog ideas rattling around, and now they are gone like the Knicks chance to make the playoffs and make us 'believers' smile.

For now, just a quick rundown. Work is still insane, but it finally looks like the chips are going to fall one way or another within days, which is a bit of a relief, though not as much as I'd hoped for.

The baseball season has begun and THAT feels great. The Mets have an offense to be reckoned with, and I'm not writing off their pitching as some of those Profeshonal writer folk have. John Maine is hard to guage, I see him having a better career than say, a Steve Traschel, or a Jeff Suppan. That is to say, he shows skill enough to better than those career #3 starters, but I just can't say with confidence he's a bonafied #2, let alone future Ace. His stuff looks better than Stevie T though, and I'm damn glad he's in the #3 spot instead. Who am I to judge? I don't know, I'm just telling it like I see it. Oliver Perez worries me. He has shown more than flashes of brilliance in the past. He actually had an 'Ace' year previously. But his mental state seems fragile. When I watch him pitch, he seems worried every time he touches the ball. That can't be good. But if he can overcome that,which some pitchers have in the past, he just might be able to help anchor the future of the Mets rotation with Mr. Maine. I do look foward to Pelfrey's debut. Pitching Gods, shine you light upon these Mets, per favore.

Baseball is good. Know what else is good? iTunes. Yeah, I don't have an IPod, but it allows for a quick, affordable way to get my fix for certain songs, and as I type this, I am burning disc after disc for that one special day that I finally get an IPod. That will be a glorious day.

I'm losing steam so I'll close with little else. I did accomplish a few things that I haven't made time for in way too long. I beat Zelda for the Wii. That's a fun game for any video game fans who stumble upon this post. As mentioned, I started reading Bob Dylan 'Chronicles' Volume 1, that being after I flew through Micke Foley's latest Bio 'Hardcore Diaries.' Foley IS good. Even as an author. I thought I was bipolar at my job, he's right there with me. It's a good read for anyone familiar with the works of Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy.

You stay classy, Planet Earth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Goudvis said...

I just hope Phil doesn't take revenge in his cruel but fair way.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home