Monday, June 11, 2007

Rise of the Silver Surfer

As some of you have seen from previous posts, I have been eager to see the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer moviefilm.

We are less than a week away from the films release, and I am sad to report my enthusiasm has turned to dread. I feel it is a lock that this movie is going to be absoultey horrible. The previews range from making it look like a 'good enough' movie(the Surfer action sequences) to a 'load of crap'(Anything that has to do with the Fantastic Four characters).

I read a review here. And it basically says my fear of the sucktasticness that this film will achieve, is a reality.

Later, another review popped up that is supposed to give a ray of hope to Silver Surfer fans like me, here.

Unfortunately, I can't buy into the positive review. If one watches the first FF movie, it's pretty much crap. There were a few fun moments, but overall the writing, directing and acting were almost universally bad. The exception would be the Johnny Storm/Human Torch work, he was entertaining. I suppose Michael Chicklis did OK too. I say all this about about the first film because this sequel was written, produced, directed and acted by all the same folks. That can't be a good thing.

Maybe Lawrence Fishburne can at least bring some respect to the Surfer character. Maybe whatever dialogue they wrote for Surfer/Norrid Radd can carry a few scenes to make me happy they ever made the effort to bring the Silver Surfer, and the story to the big screen.

What a let down, I wanted to see the Silver Surfer in a movie for a very long time, but it seems it will be a very dissapointing experience.

Hopefully I'll be pleasantly suprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home